Into the Living Part 3

Into the Living -Chapter 1 Part 3


“So you shall have.” The sound rumbled in my ears and I could see him in my mind smiling wickedly. Displeased with my actions I knew this wouldn’t be the last time I heard from him.

The Earth beneath me cracked and lifted assisting me to a standing position. My knees gave way and as I fell I could feel the water ravage my throat as it rushed from my lungs. Grabbing for my neck the shock had me gasp for air. Breathing. I’d never had the need before.

A sharp pain shuttered through my chest like lightening had struck that very spot. Nails tore through my soaked shirt, my nails, revealing a jagged rise in flesh across my chest and it crawled up my neck sizzling to a stop beside my ear. I heard a scream distant in my mind and becoming louder until I realized that it was my own screams tormenting my ears. This body was in pain. How fascinating. I reveled in the change and smiled as the burn coursed through my veins.

My heart was beating.

My brain was throbbing.

My body ached.

He had made me living.

I was alive.

My hand lifted to touch the burn on my neck. A momentary touch sent my head lurching away. I felt the pain. The burn still felt fresh with fire and I laughed.

“I am alive.”

“Hey! What are you doing down there?” A man that looked to be in an official uniform called out to me.

252 words
(To be continued... click next)
The journey of the demon Wrath has only just begun: Preview: "I hated answering stupid questions. Why else would a boy be under a bridge." 

Updated

Comments

  1. Wow you really get us drawn is from the start. Great writing I could feel his pain and can't wait to see where this goes next :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment