Into the Living Part 2

 

Into the Living - Chapter 1 Part 2


He won’t survive the fall.


I’ll take over where he left off.


Moisture in the air lapped at my closed eyelids. It surprised me and I opened my mouth to feel it on my tongue. I then opened my eyes and I could see the water collapsing around me. My body began to twitch and then I remembered why. Air.

It’s something I needed.

The new me needed air.

I could feel him writhe around aimlessly searching for this substance. His feet were kicking, arms flailing, and then I could feel the resign. Finally, I was free.

Whoever this boy was; it didn’t matter. He’s spirit had left the vessel. I struggled to move each weighed limb to shore. Each muscle was swollen and felt like sacks of molten rocks. The body floated to the surface and I lied there in silence face down in the dirt ridden water. I stared at the flecks of leaves rotating around me and wondered why this body was so difficult. Once the spirit was gone I was told that controlling the body should’ve been so much easier, no resistance.

“What are you doing?” A voice called to me.

The resonance in the tone reminded me of my father.

And no doubt that was exactly who it was.

Angered by how uncooperative the body was I held out the hand and concentrated. The water boiled and recoiled against me flinging the lifeless form to the concrete shore.

“Doing what I should’ve done a long time ago.” The words gurgled from my mouth as the water overflowed from the sides of my lips.

268 words
(to be continued...click next)
The journey of the demon Wrath has only just begun: Preview: "A sharp pain shuttered through my chest like lightening had struck that very spot."

Updated


Writer's Prompt: Becoming a zombie, in 250 words or less make a flash fiction piece about the process of becoming or creating a zombie.

Comments