Into the Living Part 1

Heaven's Fiction

Paranormal Romance provided in easily digestible flash fiction doses

Into the Living

Chapter 1 Part 1


A salt mine lived in my throat absorbing any moisture and creating a burning ache as the dead flesh cracked. Like my throat life was barren with a yearning for more. More of anything and everything but mostly I craved a type of entertainment.

As I watched the tormented souls recount their living errors I sighed. The deserts of my home held nothing of importance. I held no meaning for these souls. I didn’t bring them here. I don’t do anything but make sure they continued to suffer in their own misery. It was boring and the mere look of constant sorrow on their faces boiled my blood.

The Inbetween was another story. The more happiness they had the more the sorrow of their mistakes ate them up inside. I’d heard so many stories about being one of them with all of their imperfections.

That’s what made them so wonderfully beautiful.

All of those failures, insecurities, and flaws.

Irresistible.

But the only way to go there and play with them was to partially be one of them. Take on human form. Sure I’ve had plenty of them here but their souls were already so shattered even before they reached me. It was time for a change. It was time to do more than just watch.

I held up a shard of glass and smirked.

A boy appeared leaning over the edge of a bridge. His fingers were lightly clinging to the rails with the wind upon his face.

248 words
to be continued...click next

The journey of the demon Wrath has only just begun:
Preview: "My body began to twitch and then I remembered why... Air, it’s something I need."


Updated









Writer's Prompt:  Beauty of Imperfection - Be inspired by imperfection and the beauty in it to create your own flash fiction piece of 250 words or less.

Comments