Into the Living Part 4

Into the Living - Chapter 1 Part 4


A darkness saturated my eyes and I looked down at the cracked ground below me. Laughing I used what strength I had left to part through the barriers of this world’s material matter to avoid his questions. I hated answering stupid questions. Why else would a boy be under a bridge? Suicide attempt gone wrong or perhaps I was just up to no good. Either one would’ve been true. I wasn’t about to explain myself to him but mostly that man wasn’t what I was after.

There’re too many laws, too many protocols, and too much red tape to cross in this world to do just about anything. But that’s what made this place so wonderful. The more barriers broken the more they tore themselves up inside. To see them struggle was so much more entertaining than to see their hollow shell by the time they came to me.

I could feel this sensation turning inside me like the heat of my existence was boiling my insides. I stopped to lean against a wall. My stomach churned and its contents bubbled to the surface.

“Are you alright?” The wall asked.

It gave way as I fell upon it. I looked up to see a girl.

“I said, are you alright?” She asked again.

Such a stupid question, really. If I was alright would I be leaning on her? Let alone mistaking her for a wall?

(To be continued...Click Next)
The journey of the demon Wrath has only just begun: Preview: "Footsteps stomped down the stairs, “What are you doing bringing him into our home?”

Updated

 




Comments