BOOK REVIEW : BLACK CROW BOOK TWO J.L. Weil

CATEGORY: YA PARANORMAL ROMANCE


It took me five days to complete this book, I blame the fact that my weekend was full of hanging out with human beings instead of reading. I'll do better next time, no more humans... just imaginary book people from now on.

Black Crow surpasses it's predecessor White Raven with honed in character development and an entertaining read.


Book two Black Crow was much better than book one. All the things that bugged me about book one that prevented me from fully accepting giving it a five-wing review were tamed down. It was a lot more action in this book, you finally get to see some of the extent of Piper's powers, and the relationships in her life are maturing. So, I definitely saw some growth within the character that made me really enjoy reading the book more. Piper is still crass as all get out, but there is a sweetness within the character that emerges in book two that I appreciate. The book has many of the characters telling Piper how much she feels for people, and that caring is what will make her a great queen, but I didn't truly see the feels they talked about until later on in the book. My only pet peeve was how often she called on other people for help, but I accept this as me just feeling more for the character's frustrations and looking forward to a lot more independence and mastering of her abilities. I really wished that more character development was done with Zander, there was only two scenes that I thought expressed him a bit better than just existing to help Piper.

Warning: This book does have strong language.
Sexual content: Even though the character occasionally remarks on sex it is not in the book. The most heavy it gets is cuddling and toe curling kisses.

 Reviews are Back

You can stalk this author online:


I obtained this book from Kindle Unlimited
Want to be reviewed yourself, please visit my review page to request.
All reviews are my honest opinions.

Comments