BOOK REVIEW Fantasy Hers To Save by Michelle Connor

CATEGORY: FANTASY ADVENTURE


It took me a week to complete reading this book, or should I say three books, though the reading time was the equivalent of one book, the books separated would be like reading a few novellas. In the complete series version I didn't pay attention to the chapter numbers.

Hers to Save is written very well, with a strong female lead character and a sweet development of coming of age along side an adventure to save the lands and realistic consequences of battle. Plus, a dragon!
The dragons had been gone long enough they were close to myth, but when the lands are in danger of succumbing to evil dragons return with their bound human companions to balance the shift in power.

I enjoyed the book a lot, though it did take me longer to read the story due to the formatting errors within the Kindle Unlimited edition. Sentences broke lines in the middle throughout the whole book. Some lines just had the first word of the sentence then continued on the next line, some had three words, and then there would be a reprieve before the weird breaks happened again. No idea if this formatting is only for the Unlimited or goes across other digital options, but I've been told by the Author that it was checked and didn't see any errors like this, maybe it was just my Kindle? No idea. I also was not fond of the illustrations (aside from the dragon illustrations) added to the end of chapters, they detracted from my own images of the characters. I believe the illustrations should have been added to the website as a nice little extra, but not included in the book.

Book wise I only had a one thing I would have liked to see more developed. Semi spoiler:

Herveus and Aveline have a soft unspoken romance. 

This relationship should, in my opinion, have been developed more, because through the thoughts of the characters the relationship is revealed and it just seemed to jump from normal thoughts to BAM, feelings. It just seemed to be missing some scenes or perhaps some internal dialogue missing in scenes that are already there to build those feelings from platonic to romantic.

Overall well written and an easy read. I have high expectations for fantasy novels, the book was a lovely read, great writing, but I just didn't feel like the story was different enough for me to give the book a four wing. Writing was five star (only a few grammar/spelling errors, not enough to pull from the story.) The story was a three for me. I'll rate it as four wing because the writing is so well done, and the plot was well done, I just think the story was missing something for me. I've waffled on this rating multiple times, between giving it a three or three point five, or a four. Definitely give the book a try, as I said it was entertaining and an easy read, but if you're a die hard fantasy enthusiast and need that something different, I don't think it met that mark.

I'm excited to see what this author comes out with next, because I really think her novels will only get better, you can see the difference between the beginning of the book and the end of it, there was major growth and the story only got better.

Warning: This book does have violent/gory battle situations.



You can stalk this author online:



I obtained this book from Kindle Unlimited
Want to be reviewed yourself, please visit my review page to request.
All reviews are my honest opinions.

Comments