SELF PROMO CHALLENGE Aug 2018

SELF PROMO CHALLENGE

Month of Aug 2018

Last month we did PAGE 69, please do go check out the page and read up on some fun excerpts, if you like page 69, go buy the book and enjoy a good read. Continue reading for the next challenge for you to shamelessly self-promote on my blog. See below, also see last week's winner!

Our entrants:











Our Winner:
@Author_AngieMcP   

 http://www.paranormallyweird.com/
Writes PARANORMAL adventure with a side of romance. #paranormal #fantasy

Heat licked at Dale Hicks’s skin, excruciating and throbbing. Pain obscured his thoughts down a never-ending tunnel that twisted and turned, getting narrower and narrower. It burned in the most painful way he’d ever experienced. Opening his eyes, he stared around in terror. What happened? His surroundings sparked no sense of the familiar. He thought back to his last memory, yet it seemed so unattainable. He could almost reach out and touch it, but every time he mentally grabbed at it, the memories floated away, leaving a vast emptiness. The rough ground tore into his back, and he propped himself up against a stone wall behind him.

Red, flickering light illuminated the room. Fear shot down Dale’s spine. Something bad had happened.

A large figure came forward. Shadows rippled across the massive frame. Red eyes, sparking fire, focused on Dale. Large scales and protrusions dripped with liquid ooze. “You have arrived sooner than expected,” the creature rasped.

From page 69 of WIP -untitled (I don't come up with title until first draft is complete - but I am SO close!)
Twitter:
@Author_AngieMcP

I like these paragraphs because they show something spooky that's coming my characters' way.

I too agree with the author on this one, what is coming their way? I must know! Great page 69.


AUGUST CHALLENGE

Please remember to include your twitter handle (and optional website link), I had to hunt for the links above, and for the this round, I won't be hunting for your links, so if you want people to know where to find you, then please add them to your entry.

This author self promo challenge is an opportunity to shamelessly add your information onto my site with no guilt, allowing pingbacks for better search engine results on your own website, and finding like minded individuals that you can share your experience with. Also a great way for readers to potentially find a new author to follow and support.

There will be a winner at the end added to the top of the next months self promo posting.
Winners are decided based on commentary added to their comments/their involvement with the posting.

Please add your comment then tag three other twitter people to join #selfpromochallenge



Okay, similar to the last challenge, please comment below.


This week's challenge is:


What genre do you write and what influences your writing?
What is a secret thing you yourself look for when choosing the next book to read?

Optional: Currently Reading --(goodreads tag)
Optional: add tag line for current work.

Format as follows:


YA Paranormal Fantasy Author

Most of my ideas come from dreams, or feelings I get. I have an active imagination. I try to better my own writing by reading other authors in my genre and read carefully, taking note of the things I like about the book. Asking myself questions, why do I like it? What do I not like and why? I stick these questions and their answers away in my toolbox and try to implement them as best I can into what I write next. Always trying to one up myself.

I love immortal worlds, so if I had to choose a book, I'd pick immortal beings over ordinary human life. Also, I look for character development. I don't always need a fresh take on trope that works, sometimes I just need new people experiencing the freshness of developing relationships.

Currently reading: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39681949-tears-you-apart

Tag: Being a monster was never part of the plan, but surviving the change may be her only hope to live. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39935353-blood-crescent

Comments